Monday 19 January 2015

I have a preexisting condition. So what happens if Republicans repeal Obamacare? | Nell Boeschenstein

I have the BRCA1 breast cancer mutation. I also have a file of medical bills that my insurance currently covers because of the law the GOP promises to rescind

I keep good track of healthcare policy conversations. I was and am a supporter of the Affordable Care Act (known colloquially as Obamacare). I’m personally grateful it prohibits discrimination against patients with pre-existing conditions, like BRCA mutations or depression or high cholesterol, because it means that I no longer worry that I’m uninsurable.

I am a healthy 34 year-old woman – but I’m BRCA1 positive, meaning that I’m high risk for breast and ovarian cancers. I pay attention to my health – and my healthcare.

Continue reading...

More sites on related content.. Click here for more.. How to get cheap van insurance quotes Read more here.. Where to get cheap quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment