Sunday 5 April 2015

Therapy was 'the best chance I had of feeling OK'

JE, a 29-year-old waitress in New York diagnosed with manic depression, says that, thanks to regular therapy, she is ‘in a really stable place’

This is one of seven interviews with young professionals about their experiences with therapy and its costs. Read the rest here.

When JE graduated from college, her parents gave her a graduation present that many young Americans wish for: they promised to pay for her health insurance and her college loans.

Related: Is therapy worth the cost? 'I got what I needed'

Related: Is therapy worth the cost? 'At its best, it's paying for a friend'

My therapist helps me see patterns that my friends can’t. The older you get, the more work friendships take. Because we all have more responsibility, because our lives are so crazy, the people I used to talk to [every two weeks], I’ll see them every two months. It’s an understandable thing. There are things I tell my friends, but I don’t really have time to talk to them. I’ve got shit to do.

Continue reading...

Related content.. Similar articles.. Read more.. Related posts.. Similar posts..

No comments:

Post a Comment