Wednesday 12 November 2014

Nissan car warranty mistake cost me £2,000

Car maker said repairs were not covered as I had not extended my warranty but I had

My Nissan X-Trail blew up 11 months after I bought it. Nissan replaced the engine and other parts and I was advised to purchase an extended warranty which I did. Five years later, it blew up again. Nissan insisted it was not liable since no extended warranty was in place and, as I couldnt find the documentation, I felt that I had no choice but to accept this. It cost me £2,000 to repair it and, soon afterwards, I replaced it. Two months later I received a letter from Nissan inviting me to renew my extended warranty. When I told them this was proof I had a policy, and should have been covered, they said I no longer had a claim as I had sold the car. SE, Grimsby

Nissan feebly argues that you didnt mention a warranty when you first called to report the damage and that when you finally brought it to their attention, after they had declined payment, it had expired.

Continue reading...

How to get cheap van insurance quotes Read more here.. Where to get cheap quotes Check out more... When to obtain new quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment